How to add new proposal?

Topics: Attention VFPX Admins
Developer
Aug 30, 2006 at 11:21 PM
Somewhere here I read that it is required to fill in a form and send that in if one has a new proposal for a project. Where is that stuff?

On the former website I have sent in NewClass for a project. What happened to that stuff=
Coordinator
Sep 1, 2006 at 3:51 AM
The VFPX site is slowly getting stuff set up, but until them you need to submit it through the SednaX process (which is the same process as what we are using for VFPX).

Check out the downloads at the bottom of this page: http://www.gotdotnet.com/codegallery/codegallery.aspx?id=0826d7a6-1dab-4a71-8e70-f2170c3c1661

As to the NewClass project, send me the proposal to refresh my memory. It might have slipped through the cracks. We will get it reviewed within a week of the submission. Keep in mind that we have a three day weekend coming up here in the USA.

Rick
Developer
Sep 16, 2006 at 8:36 PM
Rick,

Okay, now I understand what has happened. Here is a thread I started on the UT on the 9th of June:

==========
New proposal for SednaX: NewClass - Thread #1127972 Message #1127972
----------
I have written an alternative for the native New Class dialog: NewClass.app

Its current status is 1.0 beta2.

A copy can be downloaded here: http://www.viafox.nl/downloads/NewClass_beta2.zip

An article is included, as well as source code.

I prefer that the SednaX community adopts this as a project and have started a message there on the messageboard. The reason I bring it to your attention here on the Universal Thread too, is that I also prefer some feedback from those here who want to test and/or evaluate and/or criticize. Only after I got at least some feedback here or by email (pvalenca@viafox.nl), I'll submit a 'SednaX Project Proposal Form'.
=============

The fact is that no one has ever replied. This implies that I have never submitted a 'SednaX Project Proposal Form', while in the mean time I thought I had done that.

I´ll submit it after all. Perhaps you can download the tool in the mean time and have a look at it.

Groet,
Peter de Valença
Sep 17, 2006 at 7:56 AM
We can't have Foxpro developers feeling ignored!

It looks OK as far as it goes but 'I' would like to see provision for identifying methods and properties for inclusion in the derived classes intlisync profile with parameter templates (as you can do with FFI) and some more information to be stored on creation (when, who by, version).
Coordinator
Sep 17, 2006 at 3:43 PM
Peter,

We look forward to the proposal.

As far as no one responding to the UT message, all I can say is not all the admins are out on the UT. Craig and Doug may have missed it, but all three of us monitor this forum. We also monitor our emails and the SednaX/VFPX emails.

projects at sednax.com

It really boils down to time management and all three of us are super busy at the moment.

Rick